Before you start, it is important to check whether the items below are ready for the use of Yuki:
- Operating system and Web browser
- Scanner (not required if using the Yuki Assistant app)
- Yuki Assistant app (for iPhone and Android).
To access Yuki you must have access to the internet. We recommend the use of a so-called broadband connection. That is not really necessary for consulting information. Submitting documents (uploading or scanning) can be very slow in other cases.
Operating system and Web browser
The Yuki platform is ‘web based’. This means that you only need a browser to access your Yuki domain. However, it is relevant which operating system and browser you are using. The computer is not subject to many requirements, there are requirements for the operating system and the browser.
Most computers use a Microsoft operating system, Yuki requires at least Windows 10. If you are using an older Windows version such as Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista, you may experience problems.
- Windows Google Chrome: last 2 main versions
- Windows Mozilla Firefox: last 2 main versions
- Windows Microsoft Edge: last 2 main versions
- MacOS Google Chrome: last 2 main versions
- MacOS Windows Mozilla Firefox: last 2 main versions
- MacOS Apple Safari: last 2 main versions.
- Windows / MacOS Google Chrome: last main versdion
- Windows / MacOS Mozilla Firefox: last main version
Yuki always recommends updating to the latest version of Yuki supported (approved) browsers as soon as possible, but Yuki will also continue to work with the browser version immediately preceding the latest version.
As of January 1, 2019, Windows Internet Explorer will no longer be supported. It is therefore recommended to start using Microsoft Edge if you prefer to use a Microsoft browser.
Another scanner works fine, but it must be used with the scanner software from the supplier and the documents can then be read through Yuki.
Three elements are essential when selecting a scanner:
- colour recognition option
- minimum of 300 DPI scan accuracy
- the presence of an automatic feeder is recommended.
The scanner must be controlled via a cable (network). Wireless control can severely limit speed.
A Mac computer (Apple) does not support direct scanner control. As a result, you cannot use the Scan Wizard in Yuki.
Yuki Assistant app
Yuki also has a special version for iPhone and Android.
You can download the Yuki Assistant app for iPhone for free from the Apple App Store.
You can download the Yuki Assistant app for Android for free from the Google Play App Store.
- Yuki Assistant app for iPhone: laatste 2 iOS main versions
- Yuki Assistant app for Android: laatste 2 Android main versions.
- Yuki Assistant app for iPhone: laatste iOS main version
- Yuki Assistant app for Android: laatste Android main version.
- Download the Yuki Assistant app for your iOS or Android device because Yuki does not work optimally with other mobile browsing apps..
- Yuki recommends updating to the latest version of your operating system as soon as possible but Yuki will also continue to work with the operating system version immediately preceding the latest version.
- Enable automatic updating of apps.
The Yuki Assistant app currently works with Android 4.1.X. or higher or iOS 8 or higher. However, Yuki does not guarantee correct operation at this time or in the future.