The Sustainability Monitor in Yuki gives an indication of the carbon footprint of every administration in your domain. Among other things, the carbon footprint data can be used for business sustainability reports.
The Sustainability Monitor is only available in the Small, Medium, Large, Unlimited, Core, Smart and Advanced bundle.
Only a user with the 'Back office' role in the domain or the 'Financial administration', 'External accountant' or 'Management' role can view the Sustainability Monitor.
Yuki uses the intelligence of SmartTrackers to calculate the carbon footprint of an administration. In this way, the financial figures of a number of specific general ledger accounts are converted into a carbon footprint.
The general ledger accounts included in the carbon footprint calculation are divided into five categories:
- Gas, water and electricity
- 41200 Gas, water & electricity
- 42200 Fuel for company cars
- 42500 Relocation costs reimbursed to third parties
- Travel expenses
- 40200 Travel expenses
- 44500 Traveling and accommodation expenses
- 45670 General travel expenses
- Canteen and consumption
- 40600 Canteen and consumption costs
- 44450 Lunches and dinners
- 44600 Food and drinks
- Office supplies and printer matter
- 45300 Office supplies and printer matter
- 44050 Marketing material
- 45310 Small material.
All underlying general ledger accounts such as e.g. 41201, 41210, etc. are also included in this calculation.
Hover your mouse over the Financials icon in the navigation bar and then click on Sustainability Monitor.
The following screen is opened:
- CO2 is always expressed in tons (= 1000 kilograms).
- The main greenhouse gas is CO2 but emissions of other types of greenhouse gases also take place. These greenhouse gases are always converted to the 'equivalent' in CO2. The Sustainability monitor therefore uses the term 'in tons of CO2 equivalent'.
The Sustainability Monitor is divided into three sections:
Carbon footprint [year]
This section shows the actual CO2 emissions of the current period compared to the same period of the previous year.
In addition, the number of trees with which the calculated carbon footprint can be compensated is indicated.
Carbon footprint by category
This section shows the current period's carbon footprint by category in tons of CO2 equivalent, as a percentage and in a donut graph. By hovering your mouse over the donut graph, you can view a specific category's carbon footprint in tons of CO2 equivalent.
Carbon footprint per month
In this section you can view the trend of the current year's carbon footprint per month compared to last year.