The trial balance is only available to a user with the 'Back office' role in the domain or the 'Management', Financial administration' or 'External accountant' role.
A user with the 'Portal back office controller',or 'Back office controller' role of the domain ór the 'External accountant' role in the domain also have more control possibilities with the Trial balance check feature.
Hover your mouse over the Financials icon in the navigation bar and then click on Trial balance.
The following screen is opened:
The following six traditional columns are shown in the interactive overview:
- Opening balance Debit (OPENING D)
- Opening balance sheet Credit (OPENING C)
- Debit transactions balance (DEBIT)
- Credit transactions balance (CREDIT)
- Balance at end of period Debit (BALANCE D)
- Balance at end of period Credit (BALANCE C).
The Checksum at the bottom of the overview checks if the totals of the trial balance are in balance.
By clicking on the GL account number or on the description of the GL account you will open the relevant GL account with a screen preview of the relevant documents. Here you have a number of editing features for invoices, bank transactions and the GL account card (total balance) at your disposal.
In the trial balance you can use the following buttons and/or drop-down menus:
- Show the trial balance ór the opening balance sheet (see screenshot below).
- Period selection: select the period that you want to check.
- Show the commercial view (without fiscal corrections) or the fiscal view (fiscal corrections included) of the trial balance.
- No grouping
- Show 1 level (grouping in balance sheet accounts ánd profit and loss accounts).
- Show or hide GL accounts with a final balance of 0,00 euro.
- Show or hide the year-end entries.
- Show the linked (mapped) RGS codes and RGS descriptions (RGS Referentie Grootboek Schema)
- View the trial balance of a specific administration or all administrations in the domain.
- Export the on-screen trial balance or opening balance sheet to Excel (XLS).
Opening balance sheet overview
In this overview the chart of accounts of the opening balance sheet is shown ór all documents whereof data is included in the opening balance.
The opening balance sheet is only available to a user with a 'Back office' role in the domain or the 'External accountant' role.
By selecting the Opening balance sheets, Invoices or Other documents document type you can view in more detail of which entries the opening balance sheet consists.