All screenshots in the article were taken in the Dutch version of Yuki.
Yuki checks every month if an administration is complete. Among others the bank will be reviewed. All irregularities are included in a report. It is advisable to view this report regularly and take action in order to make the administration as complete as possible.
The completeness of bank report may contain three notifications:
- Unknown opening balance: the balance of a bank account at the start of a financial year is unknown to Yuki, hereby the final balance is not correct
- Missing bank transactions: there are bank transactions missing in the total of the bank transactions that have been submitted (missing statement or incomplete export)
- Bank accounts not up to date: no new bank transactions (at least 1 month) have been submitted for some time.
The bank completeness check can be performed from several places in Yuki:
- Hover your mouse over the Bank icon in the navigation bar and then click on Completeness check
- Click on the PO Box icon in the navigation bar. Subsequently, in the now-opened screen, click on Bank under Needs attention
- Click on the Back office icon in the navigation bar. Subsequently, in the now-opened screen, click on Completeness of bank under Checklist..
The following screen is opened:
The result of this daily check is also displayed in the PO Box so that the entrepreneur has a clear overview of the state of affairs as far as the bank is concerned.
This bank completeness report can also be sent to the entrepreneur by clicking on the Send this list to user button.
It is advisable to review this report regularly and take action to make the administration as complete as possible.
What actions need to be taken to make the administration complete again?
Unknown opening balance
If the report indicates that the opening balance is missing then this means that the first statement that has been submitted contained an opening balance. However Yuki couldn't determine if the opening balance was indeed the correct one at the start of the financial year. This can be solved by having the entrepreneur scan and submit the last statement of the previous financial year (usually from 31 December). On the basis of that statement Yuki can then reconciliate the opening balance.
Missing bank transactions (statements)
There are missing statements (we also call this a gap in the statements) if two consecutive statements don't match. You probably have entered an incorrect date once when exporting bank transactions of you didn't scan a specific statement number. The report shows from which date till which date Yuki didn't receive any bank transactions. To still submit them, the entrepreneur has to go to the bank's internet site and search for all transactions to be exported from and till that date. Upload that export file in Yuki again. Doesn't the bank have this data again because it dates back too long or the bank transactions cannot be exported electronically anymore then submit the corresponding paper statements by scanning them.
Bank account is not up to date
Has the entrepreneur not submitted bank transactions for some time then this is a reminder to do so again. You may ignore this notification if no bank mutations on that bank account have occurred since that time. The balance should correspond with the last known balance of the bank account.
What to do if you don't have the transactions anymore?
If for one reason or another the entrepreneur really doesn't have the missing information anymore then the missing amounts can be temporarily written-off.. This can then be resolved later. If necessary, it can then be requested again by the entrepreneur from the bank.