All screenshots in the article were taken in the Dutch version of Yuki.
The purpose of the general journal is to record all, usually incidental, items that do not result from the processing of documents (e.g. invoices, bank statements, etc.) in Yuki.
The overview of general journals can be viewed from different places in Yuki:
- Hover your mouse over the Financials icon in the navigation bar and then click on General journal
- Click on the Back office icon in the navigation bar and then, in the now-opened screen, click on General journal.
The following screen is opened:
In this overview you see all general journals that have been created manually in the administration(s) or imported via a financial import file.
Four different types of general journal entries are possible in Yuki:
- General journal (e.g. payroll journal entry or depreciation)
- Opening balance sheet
- End-of-year correction
- Fiscal correction.
To view only financial entries (general journal entries), opening balances, end-of-year corrections or fiscal corrections in this list, select the appropriate option at the top right of your screen. In addition, you can specify from which period and/or which administration the general journal entries should be shown.
The general journals can be sorted in the overview by date, type, administration, subject, number of transactions and status by clicking on the relevant column heading. The sorting is indicated by an up or down arrow.
The status of the 'General journal entry', 'End-of-year correction' or 'Fiscal correction' type can be different:
- Green square: Input is OK
- Blue square: Input is not complete
- Yellow square: No input.
The status of the 'Financial import file' type can be:
- Successful import
- Errors occurred during import.