- Weak: the password is too short, lacks variation in the characters or consists of one character such as aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa or 11111111111
- Moderate: the password is still very short and the variation of characters is missing.
- Strong: the password is at least eight characters long and has a minimum of three different character types.
- Very strong: the password has four character types and is at least 14 characters long.
A strong password contains at least:
- 8 characters
- one or more lowercase letters
- one or more capital letters
- at least one or more numbers
- at least one or more punctuation marks such as an exclamation mark. etc.
The character types are: lowercase, uppercase, numbers, accent marks and symbols.. A score is calculated based on the length of the password, the variation in characters and the number of different character types used..
When a user sets or changes the password, Yuki shows how strong the given password is and provides tips on how to improve password strength.:
Enforcing a minimum strong password is not applied by the Yuki software..
User name: a user name is a valid email address which identifies a user within all domains and administrations within the Yuki platform.
Password: a password is a word or phrase that is recommended to be at least eight characters long and consists of various characters such as letters, numbers and punctuation marks.
Hash algorithm: a hash algorithm ensures that encrypted data cannot be decrypted. For passwords, this means that the stored password cannot be read into the database. Only a check is performed to see if the entered password is correct.