All screenshots in the article were taken in the Dutch version of Yuki.
Within Yuki, it is possible to consolidate and send VAT returns through a Fiscal unity. A Fiscal unity consists of various Fiscal unity members.
A Fiscal unity can only be set up by a user with the 'Back office' role in the domain.
After set up It may take several hours before the Fiscal unity becomes available in the domain.
A unique VAT number is issued by the tax authorities that can be used to file a VAT return for a Fiscal unity. Individual member VAT returns are consolidated and sent. In Yuki, however, one of the administrations is designated as the 'main administration'. Fiscal unity member VAT returns are posted to this 'main administration'. We further refer to this main administration as the Fiscal unity.
To set up a Fiscal unity, the tax authorities must issue a written notice.
The settings for the Fiscal unity only affect the current VAT returns. Customers do not see the settings for VAT number and date anywhere. It is therefore possible to enter a start date for a Fiscal unity that does not correspond to the actual Fiscal unity start date (for example, when we start accounting from 2011, while the Fiscal unity was already established in 2010).
Of course, the start date of the Fiscal unity must be before the start date of the VAT accounting periods in Yuki.
Set up Fiscal unity
A Fiscal unity can be set up from several places in Yuki:
- Click on the Switch domain icon above the navigation bar and then click on My domain. In the now-opened screen, click on the Fiscal unity button.
- Click on the Start icon in the navigation bar and then click on the My domain tile. Subsequently, in the now-opened screen, click on the Fiscal unity button.
- Click on the Settings icon in the navigation bar and then, in the now-opened screen, click on My domain. Subsequently, in the now-opened screen, click on the Fiscal unity button.
- Click on > in front of the administration that serves as the Fiscal unity. In most cases, this is the holding company in a domain.
- For this Fiscal unity, the start date and VAT number of the Fiscal unity are entered. The start date is the date on which the Fiscal unity is active. The VAT number is the VAT number with which the member is registered with the tax authorities as a Fiscal unity. In many cases this is a sequential number of the VAT number e.g. 'NL123456782B03'.
- Then click on the Save button. The following screen is opened:
- Click on > again in front of the administration that serves as the Fiscal unity to link the members.
- Click on the Add administration button to add a member to the Fiscal unity. Repeat this for all members that need to be added.
- Click on the Save button when the Fiscal unity is fully set up.
The Fiscal unity is now fully set up. Data (such as start date and VAT number) must be entered for the members.
The VAT return cannot be posted to the Fiscal unity for a member for which no start date and VAT number have been entered.
VAT return already exists
If there are already closed VAT returns for the Fiscal unity or the Fiscal unity members after the Fiscal unity start date, you will see an error message. To still set up a Fiscal unity, proceed as follows:
- Open the closed VAT returns of the Fiscal unity and its members
- Clear these VAT returns using the Clear VAT return button
- Delete the VAT returns using the Delete button
- Set up the Fiscal unity as described above
- Restore the VAT returns using the Fix unassigned VAT transactions button
- Close the VAT returns again by posting them for the members and closing them for the Fiscal unity.