As a general principle, the scanner must support WIA or TWAIN in order to be used from Yuki. Scanning from Yuki means that the Scan Wizard is working. Other scanners can still work properly, but the scanning must then be done to the hard disk and then 'upload' the files.
A Mac computer (Apple) does not support direct scanner control. As a result, you cannot use the Scan Wizard.
- Some scanners have software that also allows you to scan to Dropbox or Google Drive. When you have shared Dropbox or Google Drive with Yuki, you have the same functionality as the Scan Wizard.
- If your scanner has a mail function, you can also use the document email address in Yuki to submit your documents. You can find this email address in 'My domain'.
In Yuki, it is possible to scan using the Scan Wizard when using the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser.
To do so, however, you must first download a file (attached to this article) on your computer and then add the ClickOnce extension to the browser.
Install file from attachment on your computer
Run the file attached to this article on your computer. You do this by following these steps:
- Download the file (can be found as an attachment at the bottom of this article)
- Find the file in your downloads and then open the file
- You will be asked if you want to run the file. Confirm this and do the same for all subsequent confirmations.
- Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, add the ClickOnce extension to the browser.
Add ClickOnce extension to Microsoft Edge Chromium browser
Click in your browser on the link edge://flags/#edge-click-once. In the now opened page you will see the ClickOnceSupport option.
To the right of this option, click Enabled in the drop-down menu.
Then open your browser again.
'ClickOnce' is an extension from a' third party'. Yuki cannot provide support on this!
Windows Internet Explorer will no longer be supported by Yuki as of January 1, 2019. When you use this browser, it is therefore no longer possible to install the Scan Wizard.