- Windows Internet Explorer will not be supported anymore by Yuki from 01-01-2019. If you use this browser, it is therefore no longer possible to install the Scan Wizard.
- A Mac computer (Apple) doesn't support direct scanner control. You cannot use the Scan Wizard because of this.
In Yuki it is possible to scan with the Scan Wizard when using the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser.
To do this, however, you must first download a file (attached to this article) onto your computer and then add the ClickOnce extension to the browser.
Install the attached file on your computer
Run the file attached to this article on your computer. Do this by following the steps below:
- Download the file (attachment at the bottom of this article).
- Search the file in your downloads and then open the file
- You will be asked if you want to run the file. Confirm this and do the same for all subsequent confirmations.
- Restart your computer again.
After restarting your computer, add the ClickOnce extension to the browser.
Add ClickOnce extension to the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser
Click the edge://flags link in your browser. in the now opened page you see the ClickOnce Support option.
To the right of this option, click on Enabled in the drop-down menu.
Then open your browser again.
'ClickOnce' for Google Chrome is an extension of a 'third party'. Yuki een extensie van een' derde partij'. Yuki doesn't provide any support for this extension.
- Some scanners have software that also allows you to scan to Dropbox of Google Drive. When you have shared Dropbox or Google Drive with Yuki, you have the same functionality as the Scan Wizard.
- If your scanner has a mail function, you can also use the e-mail address for documents in Yuki to deliver your documents. You can find this e-mail address in 'My domain'.
Scan documents with Scan Wizard
Below a description is given of the three steps you have to follow in order to upload documents in Yuki by means of the Scan Wizard:
- prepare all documents
- start the Scan Wizard
- check the number of scanned and sent documents.
Prepare all documents
Before you start to scan the documents you have to prepare them:
- Remove the staples.
- Make sure the paper sheets don't stick to each other.
- Sort the documents by administration.
- Make piles of maximum 25 sheets.
- Count the number of sheets.
- Put the pile into the feeder.
- Check if the scanner is set to one-sided or double-sided scanning.
- Check if the right side is facing upwards (this may vary per scanner).
Start the Scan Wizard
The Scan Wizard can be started from different places in Yuki:
Hover your mouse over the Archive icon on the navigation bar, click File cabinet and then click Scan in the screen now opened.
- Hover your mouse over the PO Box icon on the navigation bar and if necessary click Submit in the screen now opened. Select the folder wherein you want to store the scanned documents and/or files and then click the Scan button.
Move your mouse above a folder so you can read below which documents and/or files you can submit in which folder.
- The Scan Wizard is started. If you start the Scanwizard for the first time the wizard has to be installed first.
- Choose the right administration (only if you have more than one administration in one domain).
- Select Feeder.
- Click the Start button.
- Scanning will be started automatically with the appropriate settings. Scanned documents will immediately be sent to your domain. Wait until all documents are scanned and uploaded.
- Click the Finished button.
Check the number of scanned and sent documents
After you have clicked the Finished button a new tab will be opened in your browser containing the documents received by Yuki. Check if the number of documents matches the number in the pile.